Dear Clients, Friends, and Trusted Advisors,
Gary has been named a New York Super Lawyer for the fourth straight year! The practice of law in this area has changed dramatically since Gary founded the firm. Fortunately, it has played to our strengths. Now more than ever, state of the art wealth transfer planning and administration is needed in our suburban communities.
You can count on the Schreiner Law Group to match your situation with appropriate methods to:
- Maintain Your Assets within the Family Bloodline
- Protect Your Heirs from Lawsuits, Including the Threat of Divorce
- Reduce Transfer Taxes for Your Heirs
- ALL On a Multi-Generational Platform
- Bring these techniques into the realm of our Family Business Owners, to assure continuity of management authority, efficient transfers of ownership and management on death, disability, or retirement, motivating your key employees and successors with the right kind of incentives to assure continuing profitability.
Why Are Wills So Important? Without a will, you have left your estate planning to your state government under its laws of intestacy. First, a local court will have to appoint an administrator to manage your estate. This person, possibly a stranger to you, will have to be paid. Second, even if your surviving spouse is named the administrator, he or she may have to post a financial bond. Third, the amount of time required to settle your estate may be unnecessarily long at a time when the financial security of your family is particularly important. Fourth, your estate could unwittingly pay more federal and state taxes than necessary. And fifth, your surviving spouse may receive less than half of your separate property, depending upon the state law and the number of other surviving family members, including your children, parents, and siblings.